Friday, August 12, 2011

I Dreamed A Dream

Two nights ago I had a dream which I could still recall vividly when I woke up. They say you should record your dreams, and this is my way of doing it.

The scene was outside the house I grew up in. The day was cloudy but not really dark although I could sense there was a storm coming. My father (deceased) was outside too, across the street from me. Suddenly I saw that it was starting to flood at the end of our block. The water was coming from the mountain at the back of our village. I knew I had to bring my father to safety so I assisted him, with his arm over my shoulder. My father was hemiparetic when he was still alive due to a stroke. The water at the end of our block was dark and really rising fast. My father and I walked to our house but before we could reach the safety of our gate, the water was on us. We stopped to look at it. Instead of it being black and ominous and strong, the water was like a calm stream reaching almost to our knees and the color was a very clear blue-green.

Next scene. I saw an old classmate of mine scold Daughter. I went over to her and slapped her face repeatedly. I was very angry and kept shouting that she should never, ever scold my daughter. She just hung her head repentantly but I never stopped slapping her face.

2 days later and I can still recall the dream so clearly and all the emotions I felt in it. I wonder what it all means. I do know that dreaming of clear, calm water is something good. The classmate-slapping scene, it might be because I've been wanting to slap someone's face for a long time now for daring to touch my family.


No comments:

Post a Comment